Tuesday, February 27, 2018

The Deception of Pride

With the most flamboyant voice
Proud pride tells me that my path
Is as smooth as a polished mirror
That there are no ditches, no obstacles
Flattering pride declares my future bright
That it is as clear as a fogless sky
Pride gushes about my destiny too
That it is as perfectly flawless as a paradise
Conceived in the realms of imagination

Counterfeit pride proudly buys me
A misplaced and out of touch confidence
That bears an oversized and pompous ego
I discard my guards, feeling like superman
Answering to the arrogant pride
I cast away all caution expecting only bliss
As scheming pride successfully dupes me
I throw all the noble cares to the care
Of the carefree wind in the muddle

Now that I have ended up in a dark ditch
It is none other than the smug pride
That is now deriding my impudence
At the forefront of my mockers
Is the very same pride that had eagerly
Driven me to my monumental fall
Ceaselessly vain pride is railing at me
Chastising me over the silliness of my folly
That I ought to have been smarter than the ditch

1 comment :