Thursday, February 15, 2018

An Endless Wait

My bread and butter, when will you come down
To grace my table, yawning since the dawn of dawn?
I am sitting here waiting for you all the long days
And all the dark nights, watching for signs in the rays
I have been sitting like that for ages waiting 
For you to materialize out of the thin air smiling
When will you come down from the sky
And land on my table to make my lucky day?
I am waiting for you, when will the time be just right
For you to finally come and ease away my plight?
My world is drained of nourishing opportunities
I am waiting for you to conjure the goodies
I am starving and you are not making haste to come
To feed me straight away, to make me feel handsome
If I do starve to death, I will take my bitter revenge
From my deathly grave, even if an act so strange
I will see you prosecuted and punished a good deal
For refusing to drop in my silver platter, for real
Now come to me the soonest, my bread and butter
Before I die of waiting forever, in this barren gutter

1 comment :

  1. Don’t just sit down and hope that opportunities will come, go and create them

    ReplyDelete